- Pioneer Company Update
- 17 October 2019 | Presentation
- Further Drilling Results from the Cade Spodumene Discovery include 15m at 1.48% Li₂O
- 10 October 2019
- First Drilling results from the Cade Spodumene Discovery include 33m at 1.63% Li₂O
- 26 September 2019
Interview with Managing Director
- Pioneer Resources is an active minerals resources company focused on the exploration and development of key global demand-driven commodities. In December 2018 to January 2019, Pioneer became a miner with the milestone of Stage 1 pit of Sinclair Caesium Mine completion and shipment of first product.
- The Company’s projects include:
- Pioneer Dome Lithium-Caesium-Tantalum Project in the Eastern Goldfields of WA – including the world class Sinclair Zone Caesium Deposit - Sinclair is Australia’s first commercial caesium mine - and one of only three in the world.
- The Golden Ridge Cobalt and Nickel Project in the Eastern Goldfields of WA
- The Kangan Gold and Lithium Project in the western Pilbara is prospective for sediment/conglomerate-hosted gold. The eastern edge tenement abuts the Wodgina Lithium Mine tenements.
- The Acra Gold Project Joint Venture with Northern Star Resources (ASX: NST) in the Eastern Goldfields of WA
- The Mavis Lake Lithium Project in Ontario, Canada
- Strategy is to discover and develop high value mineral resources at the Company’s project areas to maximise the value of its assets and deliver strong value to shareholders.
- The Company has a highly experienced and well credentialed board and management team.
- The Pioneer Dome Project is a highly prospective area of land with multi-commodity potential, strategically located in Western Australia’s Eastern Goldfields, approximately 130 km south of Kalgoorlie and 200 km north of the Port of Esperance. Focus to date has been the Sinclair Pegmatite – where the Sinclair Caesium Mine was completed in January 2019 and the export of Pollucite is underway. The Sinclair Pegmatite is one of 13 targets that occur within a 20 km north-south “pegmatite corridor”. The Sinclair Pegmatite is classed as a complex Lithium-Caesium-Tantalum (LCT) pegmatite due to its mineral assemblage and degree of mineral fractionation, which is extreme. This has resulted in the formation of a suite of mono-mineralic phases that include pollucite (Cs) as well as petalite and lepidolite (Li), feldspar (K) and silica (Si). The commercialisation of these other minerals is being investigated concurrently. Read more ⇨
- The Mavis Lithium Project in Ontario Canada, where twenty prospective pegmatites have been mapped to outcrop and sampling to date have returned encouraging Lithium results. Spodumene pegamites have been intersected. Read more ⇨
- Donnelly Lithium Project in the World Class Greenbushes Minerals field in south west Australia, only 12-60 km from the Greenbushes Lithium mine. Read more ⇨
- Phillips River Lithium Project 100 km east of the Mt Caitlin Lithium Mine, Ravensthorpe WA, where previous explorer roadside sampling has indicated 2 standout lithium anomalies supported by modified pegmatite PEG-4 index values, and a number of other lithium anomalies which warrant further investigation. Read more ⇨
Lithium has been classed as a ‘critical metal’ meaning it has a number of important uses across various parts of the modern, globalised economy including communication, electronic, digital, mobile and battery technologies; and transportation, particularly aerospace and automotive emissions reduction. Critical metals seem likely to play an important role in the nascent green economy, particularly solar and wind power; electric vehicle and rechargeable batteries; and energy-efficient lighting. Read more ⇨