Pioneer Resources is a specialist exploration company, with a proven discovery capacity, holds a large multi-commodity tenement portfolio strategically located largely within 200 km of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia.
Our belief that medium to long-term growth will be delivered via genuine discovery resulted in the 2012 $8 million gold deposit sale at Mt Jewell Gold Project.
After selling the Mt Jewell West Gold Project in 2012, Pioneer successfully put into place the building blocks to achieve its operational objective of identifying quality replacement projects. Pioneer has done this through a mix of acquisitions such as Golden Ridge/Blair Dome Nickel Project interests (including the Blair Nickel Mine), and commodity swap at Acra Project, resulting in 100% interest of gold, and acquisition of 75% stake in Fairwater Nickel-Gold Project and other exploration programs at other tenements including Juglah Dome Gold Project.
Pioneer current and active exploration focus is on key global demand-driven commodities. To this end, Pioneer has expanded its gold and nickel assets with strong Lithium Projects; the advanced Mavis and Raleigh Lithium Projects in Ontario Canada, and the prospective West Australian Pioneer Dome Lithium-Caesium-Tantalum Project, Donnelly Lithium Project, and Phillips River Lithium Project. The Kangan Gold Lithium Project is prospective for the discovery of gold associated with conglomerate horizons, and is also proximal to the Wodgina Lithium mine. Pioneer’s commodity focus led to a successful review of Golden Ridge Project Cobalt potential, identifying six prospective areas.
The Company is focused on delivering shareholder value by actively strengthening its project portfolio through acquiring, pegging and reviewing new opportunities, and targeted exploration programs to facilitate the discovery and commercialisation of high value mineral resources.
For details of current exploration successes, visit our announcement and reports pages.
- Increasing enterprise value through gold discovery.
- Supplementing this with a free-carried joint venture and royalty portfolio; and
- Growth through judicious acquisition.
Strategy and Corporate Plan
The Company’s aim is to discover and develop high value mineral resources within the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia.
Build shareholder wealth
- Generate capital growth initially through the discovery of new economic orebodies. With approximately 2,300 km2 of tenements to explore near Kalgoorlie and Kambalda Western Australia, Pioneer’s tenement portfolio is situated in a world-class gold and nickel province.
- Undertake best practice exploration emphasising expeditious and cost-effective exploration campaigns on those targets most likely to generate mineable resources.
- Leading to significant cash flow generation through exploration success from advanced stage targets.
Maximise project values
- Use economic evaluations to ensure that targets identified have the capacity to deliver at a low cost position on the industry production cost curve. This means that Pioneer will target high-grade, high-value metal deposits.
- Maintain an evolving list of projects from grass-roots exploration through to advanced resource drilling. Emerging projects will continually compete against more mature projects already in the Pioneer portfolio.
Create high-reward opportunities at limited risk
- Build up large, continuous tenement holdings overlying endowed geological structures which will be attractive as development projects for future partners or project funders.
- Manage the risk of its large tenement holding by continuing to enter into joint ventures. Pioneer will usually seek provision to be free-carried to the commencement of mining and a royalty option.
Operate as a responsible corporate citizen
- Adhere to the highest standards of corporate governance.
- Conduct operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Offer employment opportunities to those who live in the exploration project areas.
- Respect the indigenous culture of the exploration provinces.
- Promote social and economic development for the traditional custodians of Pioneer’s exploration projects.